Sunday, May 13, 2012

Uncertainty Exists

Will the market continue downward, slide sideways or recover?  I have been expecting a more serious drop for some time based on predictions from those more knowledgeable at such. I have learned that I cannot predict the future, at best I can discern what the market is doing currently and I cannot do that at this time


So what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is now at 1.84%, still creeping lower. 

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues to have: Market in Correction 

Copernicus Systems: Continued  to be mixed in my opinion, but money flows are now down in 3/3 portfolios

IBD 50 Top Five:
LQDT, SXCI, GNC, RGR, AAPL

Last Week:
LQDT, RGR, SXCI, GNC, ALXN

 Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)

RGR  +.40% The action here, like other market leaders,  has not been good but may be turning, will give it a little more room for now

PCLN +15.29% another damaged leader. I have this at a -14.71% using the box theory…should have already sold, but will sell now and take the gain. Hope to revisit soon.

 EBAY -1.65%, has actually recovered a little

 IBD 50 Basket Holdings Are:

 SXCI +.19 % down a little for the past week

 ALXN -5.04%, still slumping downward.

ETF’s for a trade are:

GLD (3) buys for -6.83% Gold still dropping, perhaps time to buy more soon

IBB   (2) buys for +7.32%, doing nicely 

XLY -3.55%, still has hope

What will I do?

I will sell PCLN for now and lock in the remaining profit. Tempted to sell more but will let the box theory rules guide me for now. Buying seems out of the question, but so does shorting. Raising cash is probably a good plan for now

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment