Sunday, February 9, 2014

Has The Market Turned?

As mentioned last week the market has just been unstable and unpredictable. This led to some positions being stopped out and this continued this week with positions stopped out in JNJ, WWAV, and HAIN. Fortunately the stop in HAIN protected a nice gain.

I re-entered QQQ, after having taken a profit and retook positions in HAIN and BA. Overall I have done okay, but it would have been much better if I had been entering buy orders instead of stop losses….perhaps next time. To be optimistic perhaps this shakeout left me in strong stocks for future gains.

But has the market turned? It does “feel” promising.
No time for work on the review of the Cramer stocks, for reference:

Cramer’s list of stock to own: GOOG,  GE, JCI, BAC, CIEN,  XLNX, AAPL, CAT, BA, JNJ, TJX
Cramer’s list of companies that he considered to be well managed: MMM, WFM, HON

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield
is 2.65 %
IBD (Investor Business Daily) is now Market In Correction

Copernicus Systems: Long IMHO

Moneys Flows:  all positive and portfolio prices have turned upward.

Stocks:
HAIN -1.22 %
WWAV stopped out

ETF’s:
QQQ +1.05% a nice reentry
IWM -4.06%

Cramer Picks:

BAC +.54%
CAT +3.73%
CIEN +1.26%

GOOG +1.51%
XLNX -3.53%

HON +3.24%
BA +2.12% a very nice re-entry

What will I do?

For ETF’s I would like to re-enter IBB, perhaps a position XLV as well.
For stocks I looked at FFIV, but will pass for now and try to add to existing positions

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment