Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Market Just Holds Little Interest


As I was struggling to think of a title for this week’s blog I realized that the general market just currently hold little interest for me.

I have been trying to devote some time to refining my process for evaluation of dividend payers, trying to make those as bullet proof as possible for the long term. There are some great companies that keep shining such as Dover, WW Grainer, IBM, McDonalds, Praxair and currently both Lowes and Home Depot. I still have not refined the final sorting process but I seem to have plenty of ideas to consider. The end result is to end up with more of these companies that along with growing their dividends the stock’s price grows nicely such as the seven just mentioned.

 I did sell the rest of RSU, EPI and EWW last week. I still am suitably concerned by the Copernicus study and it has created a desire to remain very caution until November

So what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 2.04

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues: Market in Confirmed Up Trend.

Copernicus Systems is still showing to be long in the market (but not 100% in all systems). Money Flows trending down

IBD 50 Top Five: ALXN, LULU, AAPL, ULTA, KORS. Interesting that the top 5 remained the same, just a little jockeying for position…but very interesting

What will I do?

I will look further at EWH, EWY and EWG but likely won’t be buying anything, and that is still okay.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)

AAPL  +34.22, +12.99, +53.00
JBL  +.62
PCLN +10.62

ETF’s for a trade are:

GLD -3.42, +6.66, +.04
SPY  +5.74
IBB   +5.02, -.77
EEM +.92
EWZ -1.07


I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment