Sunday, March 4, 2012

Which is better a missed gain or a missed loss?

Last week I sensed a rotation in the market. This week my concerns increased as I once again read Copernicus study of cycles and his actual date predictions which point to a first low in late June followed by a little rise an then a bottom just before the election. Time will tell soon enough, but I will remain cautious until after the election. Which is better a missed gain or a missed loss?

So what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.99%.

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues: Market in Confirmed Up Trend.

Copernicus Systems is still showing to be long in the market (but not 100% in all systems). Money Flows show one down, one flat and one up slightly. I still see a divergence.

IBD 50 Top Five: LULU, KORS, AAPL, ALXN, ULTA with  LULU and KORS rooting their way in.…LULU has been number one many times. If I was not being extra cautious I would buy both of these.

PCLN Priceline, with its superb business model made a leap this week on earnings. I have not owned this before, a very interesting stock.
What will I do?

I will sell EPI India and EWW Mexico, both are down in rankings. One at a profit, one at a loss.

I did sell half of my  RSU a leveraged S & P 500 last week, may sell the other half, not sure yet.

I won’t be buying anything, and that is still okay.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)

AAPL  +34.22%, +11.00, +53.00% this one is still singing
JBL  -.08%
PCLN +10.40 what nice pop after superb earnings reported this week.

ETF’s for a trade are:

GLD -3.44%, +6.64% down this week….should I buy more???
SPY  +5.54%
IBB   +5.45, -.37%
EEM +2.88%
EPI -3.37% adieu
EWZ + 3.40%
EWW +1.35% adieu
RSU  +.66%, not sure about the rest of you yet

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment