Sunday, August 19, 2012

Retail Getting Attention


The 3½ year-old  rally that began in March 2009 is now getting a little less choppy, but of high interest is what has happened in some of the retail stock.

Here is a chart of retail stocks; KORS, FRAN, ROST, AMZN and of course AAPL compared to the  DIA .

Wow ! Look at Michael Kors and Francesca's Holding!
3 Month
 
 
Wo what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield continues upward now at 1.82 

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues:  Confirmed Up Trend 

Copernicus Systems: Is still long, still mixed

Moneys Flows continues up is all 3/3 portfolios, now with price matching. 

IBD 50 Top Five:
FRAN, SWI, KORS, MLNX, AAPL

Last Week:
ALXN, SWI, MLNX, CTRX, AAPL

Copernicus Top Stocks are:
AMGN, VRSN, EBAY, GILD, CSC

Last Week:
AMGN, IACI, GILD, VRSN, EBAY

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
RGR  -4.19, time to leave defeated  on this one, but will be watching, perhaps after November

IBD 50 Basket Holdings Are:
AMGN .22%
MLNX 6.33% time to take this profit
WMT -.3.10% doubtless this one will recover, but time for me to leave.

ETF’s for a trade are:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
GLD -4.91%
IBB -3.28%

What will I do?
I did not sell WMT last week as planned; it just got away from me. I will do so now as well as selling MLNX, and RGR. All of this nets out a little loss and a reminder to do better buying and profit taking.

Retail looks very interesting. I will be watching KORS, FRAN, ROST and the great AMZN. AAPL is great too, but I have enough of that at this point.

I will also watch PCLN and MNST for possible entry points, but may have missed that.

Next is a list to watch of: SYMC, VRSN and SWI

I will also be looking for some day trades, did this well this week in WNC, catching it down one day and picking up a nice profit the the next day.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment