Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Change in Strategy



I just have not done that well in the market lately, so it was time to change. The choppiness has been going on for a long time, so one thing that was obvious was to take advantage of this to MAKE BETTER BUYS. So now I make my list of good profitable stocks that show up during my review and make sure they are ones I don’t mind holding if the stock or the market heads downward and simply buy them when I see they are down. This seems to be working on recent purchases. Another thing is to settle for lessor gains, no more 15% for a while. What’s wrong with 8%, 5% even 3%?

Wo what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield has now changed downward to 1.56 

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues:  Confirmed Up Trend

Copernicus Systems: Is still long, still mixed

Moneys Flows continues is now down in 2/3 portfolios, now with prices in sync…this is not a good sign and deserves attention .

IBD 50 Top Five:
FRAN, SWI, KORS, MLNX, AAPL

Last Week: (Last week recorded, missed a week)
FRAN, SWI, KORS, MLNX, AAPL

Copernicus Top Stocks are:
CSC, RAX, EBAY, AAPL, VRSN

Last Week: (Last week recorded, missed a week)
AMGN, VRSN, EBAY, GILD, CSC

 Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)

AMGN .85% Hope to sell soon

 IBD 50 Basket Holdings Are:

FRAN 4.10% hope to sell soon
KORS 4.21% ditto

 ETF’s for a trade are:

GLD -.36% I will remove this one from tracking as it is a long term holding but will report on it from time-to-time
IBB -94% this one has been here too long, hope to sell soon
UNG -80% I thought Natural Gas might have turned…too soon

What will I do?

I did sell WMT and RGR at a little loss, but made up for it with a sale of MLNX. I did pick up some retail, both KORS and FRAN and hope to sell them soon.

I hope to sell down and will be extra cautious, perhaps until after the election or the next market drop...who knows when that will occur, but when it does I will be ready. I will be watching for a few good positions for small gains and then out

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment