Sunday, August 18, 2013

Prophetic?



In last week’s blog I wrote a little about Apple, but I was surprised as everyone to hear the "Tweet Heard Round The World". This was an action used by Carl Icahn to announce he had taken a large position in Apple and that he seemingly had Tim Cook’s ear. This increased Apple market value by $17 Billion... pretty remarkable.  

It was great to see the stock jump to $500 last week, but I won’t be selling AAPL anytime soon. I have a loss in it and consider it a long term holding until it fully recovers. I sure don’t see Icahn pounding Apple into submission, but no doubt it should increase the general market confidence in the stock and I assume it will continue to rise.




What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield now up to 2.83%

IBD (Investor Business Daily) is now: Market in Correction

Copernicus Systems continues: Short, but still mixed IMHO.

Moneys Flows:  is now trending down in all three portfolios, but they continue to ne positive

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

YHOO   -1.75% will sell…. rats, I hate doing this

PCLN +4.73% will sell

ETF’s for a trade are:

QQQ +2.14% 

XLF +.97 will sell

IBB +7.14% will sell

IWM +2.58%


What will I do?

This week I will be doing some selling as noted above. With Copernicus Systems saying: Short and IBD in reporting: Market in Correction, I would be remiss if I did not take some selling actions. That said I would sure not be at all surprised if the market rallied from here.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment