Monday, August 12, 2013

What About Apple?


Apple seems to be gaining a little traction once again…the 5 year chart seems to suggest the climb could once again be returning. Perhaps crossing 500 will further the momentum

 

That said I sure won’t be buying any more…I have more than enough after falling asleep on my sell rules and having to turn this into a long term holding…but with the 2.7% dividend (was 3% before a little price recovery) I’m okay with that.

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield now 2.61%
IBD (Investor Business Daily) is now: Up Trend Under Pressure.
Copernicus Systems continues: Long, but still mixed IMHO.

Moneys Flows:  still positive in all three portfolios, but 2/3 still stubbornly trending down.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

YHOO   +1.95%

PCLN +6.73%...may need a little more time.

BIIB  Stopped out today at a 7% loss.

ETF’s for a trade are:

QQQ +3.74% 

XLF +2.56 

IBB +10.41%

IWM +5.52%


What will I do?

Last week I said I would sell PCLN prior to earnings, as it got closer I decided to hold until after earnings which turned out to be quite good and the stock did have a nice opening pop on Friday that faded throughout the day. It seems likely this stock will continue to rise so I think it’s time to hold and let my old sell rules guide me on this one.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment