Sunday, September 8, 2013

Syria



We still have a lot of focus on Syria, but Copernicus Systems continues to be mostly long.

But what about Syria?

Obama and Putin are disagreeing as to the need for action, but reportedly they had a constructive 20 minute talk at the G-20 summit.

The UN seems unlikely to provide consensus.

Perhaps we will get clarity on Tuesday when President Obama takes his case to the American people.
 
Its difficult to see President Obama backing down, but it’s also difficult to see him getting consensus and support from Congress…or even the American people, and what about his antiwar supporters?…thus creating unknowns for the market until Tuesday. 

I just don’t see missiles getting launched, so I’m looking for something to occur to show it is no longer needed, but I have no idea what that might be. Perhaps the missile launch will simply be replaced with some other ultimatum.

The weaker than expected jobs support would seem to indicate that the stimulus will continue, perhaps until all of the available bonds have been bought.


What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield now just under the dreaded 3% ….at 2.94%. 

At one time 3% seemed so low, now its viewed as a threshold to stop the market from climbing

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues: Market in Correction

Copernicus Systems: Long

Moneys Flows:  still positive with 1/3 now trending higher

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

ABX -.49%

ETF’s for a trade are:

QQQ +4.10% 

Interesting to see QQQ pop to the top of three of the Copernicus systems, and no I do not know why, but the NASDAQ has been outperforming the other markets

IWM +3.30%

IBB -.29%

What will I do?

I spent some time this weekend looking for additional long term holdings. I like great dividend payers and solid growers. I will look further at KMB, NKSH, TCAP, SBUX, BMY, CB, and TSCO. Will be selling DPS and KSU

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment