Sunday, January 26, 2014

It could be interesting

A turn of the markets has occurred. Some attribute it to slower growth in China, some point to an overdue correction, but turn it did.

IBD cites “Bears ran wild Friday for a second straight session……The Nasdaq and the S&P 500 each lost 2.1% for the day.

Next week we will see earnings reports in key companies reporting such as Apple, Biogen, Chipotle and Facebook

I have not found time this week to continue my review of Cramer picks other than to see that Xilinx Inc. (XLNX) designs programmable chips, they are profitable and they pay a dividend.

Cramer’s list of stock to own:


 Cramer’s list of companies that he considered to be well managed:


What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is 2.74 %

IBD (Investor Business Daily) is now predictably: Uptrend Under Pressure

Copernicus Systems: Short

Moneys Flows:  all positive, but one portfolio has seen price drop markedly

Stocks:

CLF sold at a loss

HAIN +13.38% Sell

WWAV -2.15%
 
ETF’s:
QQQ +10.06% Hold

EWG -1.28% Sell

IBB +7.75% Sell

IWM -1.72% Sell

Cramer Picks:

JCI -4.52%
BAC -1.67%
CAT -5.78%
CIEN -1.52%
GOOG -3.11%
XLNX -1.94%
TJX -6.09%
MMM -5.11%
HON -1.79%
JNJ -3.21%
BA -4.12%

 What will I do?

I’m clearly on the wrong side of this drop with initial positions already taken in the Cramer picks. Now should be the time to begin taking these positions. At this point should I hope for good news or prepare for the worst?
 
Some good earnings by market leaders could turn sentiment quickly; some bad news could cause it to drop seriously.
 
I will sell or hold as noted and place stop losses on others. If the market does drop precipitously I hope to be able to re-enter.


I hope you have a great week….it could be interesting.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment