Sunday, January 5, 2014

Time for Investing


In my last post before the holidays I mentioned it appears I will outperform the market with the stocks held long term in my “dividends payers and growers” and probably underperform the market with the stocks I traded.
Therefore it’s time for a new approach that involves more investing and less trading.

I am an unabashed CNBC junkie and in particular have been following Jim Cramer since his radio days. I will never be able to trade like Cramer or even with Cramer, but a few weeks ago he mentioned a list of stocks for folks to own that got my attention:
 

Later he followed this with a list of companies that he considered to be well managed:
 
 

I really like these stocks and I have hyperlinked each symbol, so if you are unfamiliar with the symbol you can take a look at each stock.

I have not yet formalized a plan of execution, but I already on some of these and have some that are similar…so more later.
 

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is 3.00 %

IBD (Investor Business Daily) is: Confirmed Uptrend

Copernicus Systems: Long

Moneys Flows:  all positive, but continuing to trend downward

Stocks for a Trade:

HAIN +9.37%

ETFs:

QQQ +9.93% 


What will I do?

I hope to formalize a new plan based on the Cramer recommendations. They are all good stocks

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment