Sunday, September 18, 2011

Have We Seen The Bottom?

First let me say that I will likely not be posting next weekend, but will post when possible 

Last week I said I was comfortable doing nothing, but I did end up doing some selling. It was time to remove at least some of the protection so I sold the all of the SDS and about half of the SH 

The protection with short ETF's was to balance some illiquid mutual funds that are long in the market. For this account I am now looking at going into a bond fund and percentage-wise get my age into the bond fund and 100-age in the mutual fund...then just not worry about this account too much.

I do not like bond funds but I sure don't like mutual funds, so for this account the available bond fund is beginning to make a little sense and I will be giving it a try. Hopefully this will leave me a little freer to focus on stocks, ETF's and periodic reviews of dividend payers.

So what did I see in my weekend review?

Amazon was up nicely on Friday. I don't currently own it but try to follow it. My dividend payers have been doing well. Notably GWW hit a 52 week high last week.

IBD (Investor Business Daily) still shows: Market in Confirmed Uptrend

Copernicus Systems is still a little mixed and still showing to be short in my interpretation, but less so than last week. Money flows are still trending upwards and now so are the portfolio prices.

If I were ready to re-enter on Monday it would be with:

ETF's:  HHH and BBH
Stocks: MRVL, AMZN, and YHOO

...but I am not ready just yet

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
AAPL  + 12.4 %, up nicely this week
ETF's for a trade are:
SH    - 6.41 %
GLD  + 2.18
GDX -1.78%

Have we seen the bottom? That is sure not clear to me yet

What will I do next week? I may move out of the rest of SH.
 
I hope you have a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment