Sunday, September 11, 2011

I am pretty comfortable doing nothing

European financial issues and anything else still readily affects the US markets. Perhaps being reminded of the tragic events of 10 years ago exacerbated the drop on Friday.

So what did I see in my weekend review?

IBD (Investor Business Daily) still shows: Market in Confirmed Uptrend…. however they warn that the choppiness should urge caution

Copernicus Systems is no longer mixed with all systems now showing to be short…however money flows are trending upwards. I am learning to look for divergences and I see a divergence in some of the weekly portfolio prices trending down and the money flows trending up…does this mean an upward change is coming? I am not yet confident in my understanding but I will watch this closely to learn.  

 Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)

AAPL  + 4.97 %, up about 1% this week

ETF's for a trade are:

SH    - 2.97 %
SH    - 1.41 %
SDS  - 5.76 %
GLD + 4.89%, but actually down this week
GDX +. 81% a new addition this week, an ETF of gold miners

Looking back at my earlier purchases of SH and SDS my timing could sure could have been better. These should be up, but I remember making these purchase on down days....perhaps I was a little fearful at the time and a little late. It is what it is and it is also protection to make me somewhat neutral against some illiquid mutual funds.

What will I do next week? I am pretty comfortable doing nothing and waiting to see if the market finds a fixed direction.


Have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment