Sunday, February 19, 2012

Have you noticed the economy has improved?


I no longer personally know anyone out of work. I see more and more new cars in parking lots. The shopping malls are crowded and people are actually making purchases (carrying bags), and restaurants are back to full.

In the midst of noticing this turn I let a nice profit in GILD turn into a  loss last week. I did have some clues, did have some warnings and last week would have been a good time to take some profits. This is a reminder to take profits along the way, heed those little warnings and follow the rules.

All of the damage for GILD may be done and perhaps it will continue its rapid upward move. Just looking at the chart it was hammered down at the opening and stayed flat all day. I take that as a good sign, but perhaps it is time to move on. I will give this more thought.

I was distracted by in Apple, (not sure why now) but Apple  went on to continue its steady gain. I was also more concerned about the ETF’s I held and those did fine. I wanted to get into more ETF’s and did so and those did fine.

I was able to take initial positions in some global ETF’s  EEM (Emerging Markets), EPI (India) and an old friend that I was glad to see; EWZ (Brazil) . I am pleased to be in all of these and I look to add EWW (Mexico), another old friend this week to organize a global quartet.

So what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 2.01%.

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues: Market in Confirmed Up Trend.

Copernicus Systems is still showing to be long in the market (but not 100% in all systems). Money Flows continue nicely once again in all categories along with price support. 

What will I do?

First add EWW (Mexico) as noted above, may sell XLY and/or XLI. ….not sure yet.  

I have wanted to add some stocks for a few weeks and each week I see a number that look promising, but the added filters have knocked them off. This week JBL and PCLN have passed all the tests.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
AAPL  +23.62%, +2.23%, 40.91%
GILD  -.30%, -2.65%, 4.44%,-15.41%

ETF’s for a trade are:

GLD -2.86%, +7.28%
SPY  +4.85%
IBB   +4.70, -1.08%
XLF  +4.45%, +96%
XLY  +4.35%
XLI   +2.98%
EEM +1.24%
EPI +1.47%
EWZ + 1.10%

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment