Sunday, February 5, 2012

Market continues to reward, but I am still very cautious


Perhaps I should be all in by now, but I am still very cautious.

For a few weeks now I have seen a number of interesting stocks, some of these have done well, but once again I added extra filters of caution and continue to be left with GILD, which has done very well for me.

So what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.94%.

IBD (Investor Business Daily) is continues Market in Confirmed Up Trend.

Copernicus Systems is still showing to be long in the market (but not 100% in all systems). Money Flows continue nicely upward as are the supporting stock prices. 

What will I do?

I will sell XOM, and MON  and buy more GILD.

I will sell XLV and buy more IBB  and XLF

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
AAPL  +13.17%, +29.00%
GILD  +13.29%, +16.03%, 21.54% Very, very nice, I know this cannot keep going up forever, but I will buy again this week
MON   +2.52% adios, to make room for the above
XOM   -2.95% adios, but I will doubtless return some day

ETF’s for a trade are:

GLD -2.69%, +7.47%
SPY  +3.41%
IBB   +6.10% I really like what I see here
XLF  +4.06% a nice turn this week, this merits more
XLY  +2.65%
XLI   +2.93%
XLV +1.43% but adios

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment