Sunday, July 22, 2012

Indecision Rules


I thought at first glance I was to see some good news in this weekend review and there were some good things noted, …but in the end it was  Indecision Rules.  

The best news of the week was the good housing report with Sales up 4.5%, Prices up 7.9% and perhaps the most important was Housing Starts up 23.6%. I sure hope this continues

After last week’s review and discussion of the Dividend Payers I began the long overdue clean-up, first with some elimination of duplication. 

I sold Exxon as I hold Chevron which looks much better and Lowes won out over Home Depot.

I sold Waste Management due to poor performance compared with the S & P 500 and I decided to put Walgreens on a watch list for the same reason. Holding on to WAG was quickly rewarded with a nice rally this week. 

WW Granger, a great company in the Dividend Payers also rallied nicely this week.

I did finally take a position in  CHD and balanced this with more AAPL.  Since these are planned to be long term I will not track their performance here

So what did I see in my weekend review?

 The 10-yr Treasury yield is now at 1.45, still continuing the ever so slightly downward path…a good thing (I think)

IBD (Investor Business Daily) visited the "Confirmed Up Trends" label this week, but quickly returned back to:  Up Trend Under Pressure

Copernicus Systems: Is still long, but still mixed, but in a different sort of way, IMHO

Moneys Flows are now down in 3/3 portfolios, but a divergence in price is now seen; this is usually worthy of  attention.

IBD 50 Top Five: 
MLNX, AAPL, ALXN, GNC, CRUS  Mellanox ( MLNX) a fabless semiconductor company  in Israel (fabless = does not make them) reported a stellar quarter and the stock jumped 41%..good to see this action, even though I did not participate

Last Week:
CTRX, GNC, MLNX, ALXN, AAPL  

Copernicus Top Stocks are:
ARBA, WMT, AAPL, BIIB, DIS  .good to see good old Wal-Mart doing so well

Last Week:
ARBA, BIIB, LNKD, VRSN, WMT

I think it is worth noting AAPL in both top 5, and perhaps this is still early 

 Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

BIIB -2.39%  ..getting tired of this one, but will continue to hold

 IBD 50 Basket Holdings Are:

 None at this time

 ETF’s for a trade are:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)

GLD (3) buys for -6.76%

What will I do?

I will set tight and just let “Indecision Rule” and look for opportunities to trade FMU again.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment