Sunday, December 9, 2012

Stuck with RGR…but it's okay



I did not get my 10% gain as hoped for in RGR. I just missed it and I’m now at a loss as far as stock price goes, but in reality I still have a little profit due to a $4.50 per share special dividend obtained by owning this stock on Friday. I should have sold this stock further ahead of the ex-date and it's likely to drop more on Monday....could be a good day to buy more. The regular dividend is now up to 3% so this would make a great stock for my Dividend Payers….but it’s in the wrong account.
Since this is a profitable company I will hold it and see if it can recover its price momentum
In any event, I am mostly in cash and watching to see what happens as we go over the cliff. This event seems likely to happen, much to the dismay of most taxpayers.

What did I see in my weekend review?

 The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.63

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues: Confirmed Up Trend 

Copernicus Systems: is still Long

Moneys Flows is trending up in 3/3 portfolios; one is positive, but I see a divergence in price that imply to me that the money flow could trend down soon.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
RGR -4.77% 

ETF’s for a trade are:
GLD  .21%
EWH .83% 

Doghouse:
AAPL  -16.38

What will I do?
Cash is good.

I have started a list of stocks to consider picking up if the cliff puts stocks on sales: KSU a railroad that operates North and South and does a lot of business related to Mexico; Bristol Myers; and Honeywell…all great companies, but this needs more study

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment