Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Cliff Approaches



As we get closer to the self-imposed end of the year fiscal cliff, the unknowns are likely to increase and drive the market downward…..or will they?

This event is well known and I am not alone in looking for a time to jump in. If  everyone is looking for this and planning on investing or trading when they see it drop or when they think it has bottomed, how could we have much of a drop? Will we have a drop at all with so many anticipating it?

In any event, I will be mostly in cash soon and watching

What did I see in my weekend review?
 The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.69, now up a bit.

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues at: Confirmed Up Trend 

Copernicus Systems: is Long

Moneys Flows are trending upward in 3 out of 3 , but still negative.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
RGR +8.46%, was purchased this week, quick progress and hope to sell soon at 10%

ETF’s for a trade are:
GLD  .75%
EWW .53% will sell soon
EWH -.04% may sell soon

Doghouse:
FRAN -23.31plan on selling on Monday…worst pick in a long time
AAPL  -8.22% recovery continues, hope to let it out of the doghouse soon

What will I do?
I am pleased with RGR, but hope to take the quick profit, will sell EWW, perhaps sell EWH, will be watching SLV and will be looking for the appropriate time to jump into the SPY

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment