My sloppy post last week said it was written on January 31st (it was December). I will blame that on a head cold that I have had for several weeks that still persists.I also did not mention initial positions in XLF and SPY.
The first “cliff” is passed, without issue and the market liked getting this behind us very much.
But now we have only two months before the next event, a debt ceiling impasse. It is possible this could be a bigger event than the cliff, if indeed the House Republicans hold the debt limit hostage until spending cuts are firmed.
Since we did not get the drop many anticipated and were prepared for, myself included, perhaps the possible calamity that could be caused by the this opportunity for bipartisan political chest pounding should also be waited out…..Cash is Good!
What did I see in my weekend review?
The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.93…a bit of a pop, due to Treasury plans?
IBD (Investor Business Daily) now shows: Confirmed Uptrend
Copernicus Systems: is Long
Moneys Flows: Not available as of this writing
Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
RGR -6.02% continues to recover
ETF’s for a trade are:
What will I do?
Cash is good, initial positions in SPY and XLF are fine for now, but no additions are planned.
I may pick up FXI, EWZ, and EEM, but it will be modest. Perhaps these non US, non European holding make sense