Sunday, January 27, 2013

Step It Up

The market has been kind lately, except for Apple’s performance. 

I decided to remove this stock from my weekly reporting for a while. I would like to buy more as it seems likely to recover but this could take some time and the trend is still sliding downward.  I stopped reporting on Apple once in the past when it's gain seemed too much. (I long for a return to those days now)

Overall I am pleased with recent progresses, but have to remind myself that all positions taken have been small, time to step it up… methinks.

We are approaching the all-time high of the Dow of 14164 set on October 9, 2007. The recent trend is headed to that point, perhaps in the next couple of weeks if the trend continues. If that does occur, it would seem like that more money would pour into the market.

 



What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.95, where did that pop come from?
I have to remind myself that short term fluctuations mean little, but it has been interesting to watch the rates move gently upwards recently and also remember that over the long term bond rates do move opposite from the stock market.


IBD (Investor Business Daily): Confirmed Uptrend.  Last week noted “The market remains in an uptrend, and top-rated stocks continue to show good action. Many are at or near new highs”

Copernicus Systems: is mostly Long

Moneys Flows:  All up and all positive, but still see a divergence with one of the portfolio prices…would like to see this resolved in an upward fashion

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
RGR +1.69%
SOHU +1.88% hope to sell this soon in favor of GSOL…just need a little more gain


ETF’s for a trade are:
XLF +4.93%
SPY +3.04%
GLD  +3.04%, not sure I understand this gain
FXI -.62%
EEM -.83% will sell in favor of ILF as soon as it return to even
EWZ +35%



Doghouse:
Emptied the doghouse but still own AAPL, but it has gone to the infirmary for a much needed recovery

What will I do?
I have plans to sell SOHU and picked up GSOL, both are Chinese companies.
I will sell EEM an emerging market ETF and pick up ILF a Latin American ETF that seems to be performing better.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment