Sunday, March 17, 2013

You Can’t Fight the Fed

This week I heard both Jim Cramer and Randy Beeman report on how the Fed’s actions were propping up the US market. 

My interpretation of what these men have said is based on Ben Bernanke’s ongoing actions of buying Treasuries and Mortgage Backed Securities. This intended action keeps interest rates low. Likely this will continue until unemployment drops to some lower number. If an actual number has been cited I have missed this, but my understanding is that the current plan will continue into at least 2014…so will this truly keep the market trending upwards?

Having low interest rates helps the housing market…it helps businesses also, assuming they can get the loans they need.

Being a Momentum Investor I like it, but have to keep reminding myself that a correction of the run-up is overdue and could happen any day. 

However, since many investors have been waiting for the correction it can’t really happen until we are no longer expecting it can it?

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 2.00

IBD (Investor Business Daily): Confirmed Up Trend

Copernicus Systems: Long IMHO

Moneys Flows:  Trending Up …now in two out of three portfolios

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
RGR +7.96%, down this week
CSC +1.00%
GILD +4.29%

ETF’s for a trade are:
GLD  -4.35%

What will I do?

I did not pick up the ETF EFA, now looking at EWA and IWM .

For Stocks I am looking at picking up  JCOM but will likely be selling CSC   as it has dropped a notch in the rankings I follow

I hope you have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment