Sunday, July 21, 2013

Happy, Happy



It has probably been obvious that I have been bullish on the markets recently, but next week could be telling.

Recent headlines note that on Friday IBM was down 2.25%, AAPL down 2%, mighty GOOG down 1.15%, once mighty MSFT down a staggering 11% and INTC down 1%.

However on this same Friday I noticed a longtime fav holding of mine, DOV up 2.01% continuing its little spike and another long term holding GE up 4.61%.

Its all about earnings or rather perception of earnings isn't it?

On Monday we have a report due on existing home sales and earnings from NFLX, MCD, TXN and HAL…I would guess the net of this would be good news…why not?

But.... I do not have a crystal ball and have learned not to trust those that do.

If the uptrend continues I will be happy, if it stumbles I will be happy to sell VXX, so I am Happy, Happy

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield dropped a little more, now to 2.49%

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues: Market in Confirmed Up Trend

Copernicus Systems continues: Long, but still mixed IMHO.

Moneys Flows:
Copernicus portfolios stubbornly still down in money flow for 2/3 portfolios, but all portfolio net prices are still in positive territory.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

YHOO   +6.07%, so reminiscent of the old YHOO

PCLN -1.15%

BIIB +2.73%

QLGC +1.08%

ETF’s for a trade are:

QQQ +93% 

XLF +4.52% 

IBB +11.22% Biotech is really working for me

SPY +3.68%

IWM +5.23% (I see in my sloppiness I have missed reporting on this for a few weeks)

XLY -.37%

What will I do?

I was able to add PCLN, BIIB, QLGC and more YHOO.

I think that is enough for now and I don’t see anything new for me, so if opportunities arise it will be to add more to existing holdings. That said I am  looking to sell QLGC if I can get a little more gain.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment