Sunday, October 20, 2013

Tech Leads the Stampede




IBD sites a "Tech Stampede" with the NASDQ closing at a high not seen since 2000

 
Google jumped 122 points on Friday for a 14% gain to put it into the $1000+ share club. 

Why is this? They did it they old fashioned way, they it earned it, with earning up 21%.

But it’s not only tech in the stampede as the S&P 500 hit an all-time high.

Athena Health jumped 24% on Friday

Chipotle climbed 16%

Amazon was up 6% and I don’t think they have ever made a profit


What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield drops a little to 2.59 %

IBD (Investor Business Daily) switched to : Confirmed Uptrend

Copernicus Systems: Long, but mixed IMHO

Moneys Flows:  positive, all stock portfolio prices are now positive

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

ABX -3.41%, recovering nicely after last week, but still at a net loss

ETF’s for a trade are:

QQQ +11.16% 

IWM +11.67%

IBB +2.30%, now positive once again


What will I do?

I have missed some nice gains in SOHU, YHOO, CRM and PCLN, but there will no doubt be future opportunities.

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment