Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sometimes Bad Timing is better than No Timing

At noon on Monday I added more QQQ and AMZN, along with new positions for UWM, BIIB, HAIN, and once again my old friend YHOO. Soon I was pointedly asking myself “when was I going to learn how to buy stocks instead of buying them when it was convenient me to do so”.

I thought about this all week as things got a little worse each day, then once again Friday came with a well-received, good jobs report and most positions recovered well. So for now it appears that my bad timing has been redeemed.
My Dividend Payers and Growers also soared on Friday, led by Lowes and I noted that Biotech’s are gaining momentum.

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is now 2.88 %

IBD (Investor Business Daily): Confirmed Up Trend

Copernicus Systems: Long

Moneys Flows:  all positive

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

CMG -4.52%

YHOO +4.6%

Cramer Basket

PCLN +3.75%

DAL +.57%

GOOG +3.30%

CRM -7.75%

NFLX +2.09%

AMZN +1.76%

HAIN +.43%

Copernicus Basket

FSLR +11.02%

TRIP -2.46%

BIIB -1.85%

IBD Basket

FLT 0.0%

ETF’s:

QQQ +9.12% …Note to self: sell or re-evaluate when gain drops to 8% or rises to 30%

IWM +13.48%

XLI 0.0%

IBB +9.83%

What will I do?

Admittedly there are too many holdings here to keep track of with my limited time. I will sell FSLR and take a nice gain, sell Trip at a modest loss due to a drop in the rankings I follow. I will also sell XLI due a ranking drop, would love to add XLY…but will restrain myself for now.

 

I hope you have a great week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment