Sunday, December 22, 2013

Unknowns are Gone…Market Soars

The Side Step was brief. With the big unknown of when the taper begins out of the way and a Fed promise of low rates for some time the market did indeed soar and I think the future looks good IHMO

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is 2.87 %

IBD (Investor Business Daily) is back to: Confirmed Uptrend

Copernicus Systems: Long

Moneys Flows:  all positive, but continuing to trend downward

My trip to the side was okay, I thought it would be good to look at the results, and here is a summary of profits and losses:

CMG -7% fortunately only a small initial position

YHOO +7.5%

PCLN +2.8%

DAL +3.4%

GOOG +2.4%

CRM -13.6% again only a small initial position

NFLX +6.4%

AMZN +1.2%

BIIB -6.6%

FLT -.43%

IWM +11.5%

IBB +6.4%

I did not sell QQQ and HAIN…fortunately

Cramer Basket

HAIN +5.34%

ETF’s:

QQQ +9.75% 

What will I do?

Looking at the results this year it looks like I will outperform the market for the stocks that I held long term in my dividends payers and growers and probably underperform the market with the stocks I traded. I am looking forward to 2014 being a good year for the market, so I have been thinking about a new approach that will involve less trading. More later.

 
I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment