Sunday, October 9, 2011

Time to stick my toe back in the water.

Am I a little anxious to get back into the market in a positive way? You bet. I may be a little too eager, but I will re-enter with a baby step on Monday.

I have already entered a small trade for VZ, but that is a learning experience to see if I can squeak out a small gain by trading the cycles. One of my friends has mastered this using T most recently and some REITs earlier. I may not be able to devote the time needed for this, but decided to gain some experience.

So what did I see in my weekend review?

Now that I have moved into bonds via a total bond index fund, it is time to watch interest rates. The 10-yr Treasury yield may be a good tool, it settled above the 2.00% threshold for the first time in two weeks and ended Friday's trade at 2.068%, (not a good sign) . I am plowing new ground with bonds, and I know bond value can drop as interest rates rise, so I will be watching this.

IBD (Investor Business Daily) still shows: Market in Correction

Copernicus Systems is showing mixed directions in their systems, however I saw some positive things in the USA ETF’s that convinces me to take a small initial position in HHH or BBH or both.

Some stocks looked interesting: JBL, KLAC, MRVL, ORCL, IBM, ARBA and  RHT…but I'm just watching these for now. Even though portfolio prices are up, money flows are down.

This week Copernicus sent our 3rd Quarter one-year and five-year results. They are posted here: http://www.advanced-stock-selection.com/2011Q3-results-table.htm  TSPselect has done quite well recently, but look at the 5 year gain with Switch

 Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
AAPL + 3.78%
ETF’s for a trade are:
I closed positions in both SH and GDX last week and bought more GLD
GLD first purchase -7.60%
GLD second purchase+ 2.05%
I hope you have a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment