Sunday, January 29, 2012

Market continues to look okay, but I am still very cautious


I am still pleased to have re-entered the market, but still very cautious. The rising bond rates cited last week have now fallen. Since I said that was bad sign last week…guess I should say it is a good sign this week, but in reality this means it is not a good indicator for the short term.

Once again I did see a number of interesting stocks, but once again I added extra filters of caution and was left with GILD. I have already bought it twice, but will buy more.

So what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield has declined as noted to 1.89%.

IBD (Investor Business Daily) is continues Market in Confirmed Up Trend.

Copernicus Systems is still showing to be long in the market.
Money flows continue nicely upward as are the supporting stock prices. 

What will I do?

Last week I did add XOM, more GILD and initial positions in XLF, XLY and XLI, so that is enough for now, no additions this week other than another buy of GILD

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
AAPL  +10.92%, +25.52%
GILD  +3.35%, +8.27%
MON   -.50%

ETF’s for a trade are:

GLD -1.92%, +8.32%
XLV  +.31%
SPY  +1.32%
IBB   +2.15%
XLF  -.21%
XLY  +.68%
XLI   +.72%

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment