Sunday, September 16, 2012

Expect the best. Plan for the worst.



Expect the best. Plan for the worst… I lifted this heading shamelessly from Copernicus this week, but it fits my plans perfectly.

I have been selling out positions were possible and yet still keeping an eye open for good stocks that have dipped to allow short term profits

was able to sell UNG this week after a nice recovery and captured a modest profit. I was able to sell AAPL for a very nice gain. This was some purchased for a short term gain, I still have a long term position in place. It did not happen on Monday as planed but later in the week

What did I see in my weekend review?

 The 10-yr Treasury yield is now up to 1.87

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues:  Confirmed Up Trend 

Copernicus Systems: Is still long, still mixed

Moneys Flows now has money flows all up and prices coincide

IBD 50 Top Five:
SWI, KORS, MLNX, ALXN, AAPL

Last Week:
SWI, KORS, MLNX, ALXN, AAPL

Copernicus Top Stocks are:
RAX, CSC, EBAY, GIB, AAPL

Last Week:
RAX, CSC, EBAY, GIB, AAPL

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
All sold for now

IBD 50 Basket Holdings Are:
FRAN -6.72%, after the  really ugly dive last week, a nice recovery, but still more ground to cover. I plan on selling this retail stock on or before Dec 1.

ETF’s for a trade are:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
QLD +5.87%continues to march upwards, still unsure of when to sell, now thinking  +15% may be a possibility.

What will I do?
My watch list for the week will be comprised of:
SWI, ALXN, RGR, EBAY, RAX, GILD, AMZN

As time allows I will be looking for a good entry point in any of these

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment