Sunday, September 9, 2012

Taking a few profits, getting a few downers



I have made some better buys, have taken some profits, but I also now have a couple of downers

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is now at 1.66 

IBD (Investor Business Daily) continues:  Confirmed Up Trend 

Copernicus Systems: Is still long, still mixed

Moneys Flows now has money flows improving, good to see this.

IBD 50 Top Five:
SWI, KORS, MLNX, ALXN, AAPL

Last Week:
FRAN, SWI, KORS, MLNX, AAPL

Copernicus Top Stocks are:
RAX, CSC, EBAY, GIB, AAPL

Last Week:
CSC, RAX, EBAY, AAPL, VRSN

 Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
All sold for now

IBD 50 Basket Holdings Are:
FRAN -17.98%, a really ugly dive this week nailed me to this one. I may be stuck with this one for a while due the announced retirement of a key individual. But the company performance is good and I have hopes of a recovery.

ETF’s for a trade are:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
QLD +3.59 a nice initial position this week, need to determine when to take the profit  
UNG -4.49% a lingering poor buy, will hold for a while but will be looking to unload when possible

What will I do?
I did sell IBB, AMGN and KORS for modest profits last week

I have removed GLD from tracking as it is a long term holding. I will report it has now recovered for a modest profit

I do not track AAPL here, but will say that I now have a 15% profit for a purchase about 2 months ago that I hope to sell on Monday 

My watch list for the week will be comprised of:
SWI, ALGN, ALXN, TCBI, QCOR, RAX, GIB, AMZN

As time allows I will be looking for a good entry point in any of these

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment