Sunday, April 28, 2013

Looking Up



The Old Tech Trio of Intel, Microsoft and Cisco quickly became a duo with the selling of MSFT for a earlier than expected 6.5% gain. I will try to keep an eye open for another opportunity in MSFT as the Old Tech Trio made so much sense to me. I also have set tentative goals of 15% gains for INTC and CSCO. This does seem to be obtainable in time. INTC is well on the road; CSCO looks like it will take longer.

As GLD (gold) continues to recover I am reminded this is not really a trade, but rather a little bit of insurance. A couple of unique things about GLD are it seems impossible that it could go to zero and it should rise in times of chaos. I really don’t like insurance but I don’t want to sell it and I don’t want to hide it from sight as I did with AAPL. I want to have it …just in case and I do want to consider it each week, so I have another new category and that will be Insurance.

The Federal Reserve will meet on Tuesday and Wednesday. With the weaker-than-expected, first-quarter growth, it would seem likely that the Fed will keep the economy (and our markets) pumped up by continuing to purchasing bonds …at a pace of $85 billion a month.

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.663, down a little this week.

IBD (Investor Business Daily): Market in Correction …still but surely not for long

Copernicus Systems: Long

Moneys Flows:  All still positive and now 1 out of 3 trending up and all three portfolios rising in price…I will take this as positive.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
RGR -2.65% recovering once again, wish I just had this as a dividend payer, perhaps I should sell it when it shows a little profit.
GILD  +18.63%

ETF’s for a trade are:
IWM  -.30
EFA  +.3.70%, nice to see this
IBB   +9.67%   
EWJ +7.7%

Old Tech Trio:
INTC    +8.00 (with 3.8% yield)
MSFT   Sold
CSCO  -3.22% (with 3.3% yield)

Insurance
GLD  -7.19%

What will I do?

My interest in EWW (Mexico) and ILF has cooled and I am not pursuing Eastman Chemical.

Of current interest now are: XLK, SPY or RSU and perhaps EEM.

I hope you have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment