Sunday, April 7, 2013

Remarkably Resilient


Once again the market continues to demonstrate great resiliency. This week is could have been much more chaotic. It was down for the week, but we saw a nice rise on Friday after the opening drop. All of this with North Korea threatening war and a bad jobs report….. I was really glad to see the steady move upward on Friday.

My timing could have been better, but I did add to initial position in CHD and MCD for long term holdings and also picked up more IBB and IWM for a trade.

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.69

IBD (Investor Business Daily): Dropped to: Uptrend Under Pressure

Copernicus Systems: Long, but it was close …IMHO

Moneys Flows:  All positive, but all still trending down

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
RGR -2.77% now at a loss, but perhaps the slide has stopped, one comfort is the 3.3% yield if I do  hold this for a while.
GILD  +9.37% down a little, will continue to hold as biotech’s appear very strong.
JCOM  +2.43% still positive but down too much

ETF’s for a trade are:
GLD  -5.09%
EWA  -1.26%
IWM  -1.87%
EFA  -.22%
IBB   +1.32%
EWJ +2.29%, had a drop and then recovered nicely 

What will I do?

With the signals seen I should at least do some trimming; will likely sell EWA (Australia), hate taking a loss now as it could find its footing, but it’s probably best. Will also look to sell JCOM  at a modest profit, togethter these should net a little gain.

I would like to pick up YHOO after selling JCOM but will wait to see the events of the first part of next week

I hope you have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment