Sunday, April 21, 2013

That Was the Week That Was

That was the week that was, it’s over, let it go…I am looking forward to better days ahead.

During the week I was a pretty disgusted with what was happening in the market. As I look at the results this week it is better than I expected.

I am not down horribly in GLD (gold), mainly due to picking up more on Monday when it was so badly beat down and it slowly rose the rest of the week

The Old Tech Trio of Intel, Microsoft and Cisco collectively did not disappoint with 2/3 doing well.

Biotech continues to be stellar.

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield is at 1.70

IBD (Investor Business Daily): Market in Correction

Copernicus Systems: Long .... but not hugely so

Moneys Flows:  All still positive but this week 3/3 are down ….ominous.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)
RGR -4.27%
GILD  +22.76%

ETF’s for a trade are:
GLD  -10.72%
IWM  -2.76%
EFA  +.34%
IBB   +9.72%   
EWJ +5.83

Old Tech Trio:
INTC    +3.57 (with 4.0% yield)
MSFT   +3.26 (with 3.1% yield)
CISCO  -4.20% (with 3.3% yield)

What will I do?

I still like what I see in EWW (Mexico) and now ILF and I am watching Eastman Chemical.

However lightening up may be appropriate, but we have a lot more earnings reports this week. Strong earnings and revenue growth from some leaders could set the tone for a resume of the rally

I hope you have a great week

No comments:

Post a Comment