Sunday, November 17, 2013

Cramer Basket

I enjoy Jim Cramer.

It took some time for me to appreciate his work, but I have now been following him for several years, going back to his days on radio. I find him very entertaining and educational. I know that “you cannot trade with Cramer”. But I find him to be very helpful in understanding what is going on in the market right NOW.
I have often said that when people start predicting what will happen in the future it’s time to stop listening to them. Cramer does try to predict where stocks are going and he is not always right…no one is. But it is always good to hear his reasons and he has such a following no doubt he does influence in the market …IMHO.

All of that said he picked CRM, GOOG, NFLX and AMZN to be good choices between now and the end of year, if my notes taken while on the elliptical listening to a podcast are correct.
Per Mr. Cramer this is due to money managers stuffing their portfolios with these winning stocks so they will look smart when their year-end holdings are reviewed. I sure don’t know if this actually happens, but these have been outstanding stocks this year and they should at least continue this momentum…plus likely the Cramer Effect will help them. So I took a quick look and these, decided to pass on CRM for now and in its place added both PCLN and DAL that Mr. Cramer has said to “buy when down”. This gives me a nice “basket” of five stocks.
I picked this up midday Friday.

What did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yields now at 2.709 %

IBD (Investor Business Daily) now at: Confirmed Up Trend

Copernicus Systems: Long

Moneys Flows:  all positive

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:

ABX -5.76%, ….I know I should sell this one, perhaps the next time it turns green

FSLR +22.85% …Note to self, sell when gain drops to 8%, rises to 30% or reevaluate

Cramer Basket

PCLN +.16%

DAL +.18%

GOOG -.20%

NFLX +.74%

AMZN +.67%

ETF’s for a trade are:

EWZ -3.13% give it another week

QQQ +13.61% 

IWM +10.20%

IBB +5.03%

What will I do?

I am looking at adding ETF’s EWG and XLB; stocks FLT and TRIP…yes, I am a little bullish right now

I hope you have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment