Sunday, January 22, 2012

Adding more….but cautiously so


I was pleased to have re-entered the market last week. But even though gains were seen, there are reasons to be cautious. I have not studied the volume, but reported it is still low. I have been tracking the bond rates and it is showing a warning signal of rising rates.

I did see a number of stocks, a large number, that looked interesting, but I added some extra filters of caution and was left with XOM.

Likewise I saw a number of ETF, still have only decided on XLF, but XLY and XLI are possibilities. I have been watching XLF for some time.
  

So what did I see in my weekend review?

The 10-yr Treasury yield has risen steadily since midweek to 2.84 %....as mentioned, a sign to be cautious.

IBD (Investor Business Daily) is continues Market in Confirmed Up Trend.

Copernicus Systems is still showing to be long in the market.
Money flows continue nicely upward as are the supporting stock prices. 

What will I do?

I will buy XOM and add to GILD and still considering other moves.

Currently my "Stocks for a Trade" now consists of:
(All gains or losses shown are the total since purchase)

AAPL  +3.38%, +17.95%
GILD  +5.42%
MON   -.1%
 

ETF’s for a trade are:

GLD -7.55%, +.2.10%
XLV +.39
SPY +1.11
IBB -.62
 

I hope you have a good week

No comments:

Post a Comment